May 23, 2010

Vanilla Twilight...

All the things I carry inside, 
All those feelings, they're hard to hide.
You have no idea, my friend, 
No reason to even try to pretend...


My time only ever passes around you, 
I make sense to myself then, that much is true..
But there's so many things you'll never see, 
So many things you can't even begin to be...


There's this pain that's older than our time, 
There's grief and regret that could only be mine,
You know nothing of the darkness inside, 
All you can do is give me your light...


You could never feel what I feel, 
That is what draws me so damn near...
The fact that you don't even have a clue, 
That you still believe in chances for me and you.


I love the fact that you let me be me, 
Never expect me to fit in perfectly.
I love it about you, that though worlds apart, 
You still believe we're the same in our hearts.


I'm amazed by your blue eyed belief in the world,
The way you always find the right words...
I remember some moments of pain and despair, 
I was trying to hide, but still you were there.


I wish I could be every tiny thing that you are, 
But I just don't compare, not even by far...
To me, I am night to your bright, sunny day
And amazingly, we work out perfect this way.

No comments: